400字范文,内容丰富有趣,生活中的好帮手!
400字范文 > 电影《造雨人》Part1

电影《造雨人》Part1

时间:2019-08-11 16:36:59

相关推荐

电影《造雨人》Part1

我父亲一生都恨律师

My father hated lawyers all his life.

我个人认为 他不算是个好人

He wasn a great guy, my old man.

他酗酒 并且虐待我的母亲

He drank and beat up my mother.

他也殴打我

He beat me up, too.

要是你认为我要成为一个律师

So you might think I became a lawyer

只是为了气他

just to piss him off,

那你也许就错了

but youd be wrong.

我之所以想成为一个律师

Ive wanted to be a lawyer

是自从我读了有关民权律师

ever since I read about the civil rights lawyers

在五十和六十年代

in the fifties and sixties

为法律发掘出令人惊异的运用

and the amazing uses they found for the law.

他们做了许多人认为

They did what a lot of people thought

本来是不可能的事

was the impossible.

他们给了律师一个好名声

They gave lawyers a good name.

因此我进了法学院

And so I went to law school,

这确实激怒了我的父亲

and it did piss my father off,

不过他其实总是在发火

but he was pissed off anyway.

在我读大学的第一年 有一天他喝醉了

In my first year, he got drunk one day

从梯子上摔下来

and fell of a ladder

这发生在他干活的工厂里

manufactured by the company he worked for,

而他却不知道要先告谁

and he didn know who to sue first.

大约两个月后他就因此去世了

Now, he died a couple months after that.

我喝干啦

Im empty.

我的一些同学

Now, some of my classmates,

知道他们将从学校出去后直接

they knew they were going straight from school

进入顶级的律师事务所

into the top law firms,

主要依靠他们的家庭关系网

thanks mostly to their family connections.

而我所仅有的一个关系

Now, the only connections I had

是三年来在一个酒巴跑堂而建立起来的

were made in the places where I tended bar for 3 years

因为我得赚钱付我的学费

so I could pay my tuition.

当我踌躇满志

And while I still had plans

要让正义之光 照亮每一个黑暗角落

to shine the blazing light of justice into every dark corner,

我其实迫切需要的是一份工作

what I really needed right now was a job,

因为孟菲斯的律师 太多了

because there are too many lawyers in Memphis.

这座城市到处是他们的身影

This citys infested with them.

我不这么认为

I don think so.

我不知道有什么能比这更令人苦恼了

I can think of anything more embarrassing

就是告诉别人

than telling people

我是为伯鲁瑟斯通工作

I work for a guy like Bruiser Stone.

我是说 他是个律师 大家叫他伯鲁瑟

I mean, hes a lawyer, and they call him Bruiser.

这就是为什么我如此失望

Thats how desperate I am.

当然

Sure.

把门关上

Shut the door.

不 不是那个 也不是那个

No, not that. Not that either.

就在我家吧

Lets make it my house.

好的

OK.

我真的同情这个可怜的FBI探员

I really pity the poor FBI technician

他非要想从交谈中

thats gonna have to extract the data

搞些资料出来

from that conversation.

律师的办公室里养着活生生的鲨鱼

Live sharks in a lawyers office.

这是个玩笑 明白吗

Its a joke. Get it?

如此说来 普林斯

So, Prince,

这就是你向我提起过的法学院学生吗

is this the law student you were telling me about?

是 先生我刚在

Yes, sir. I just finished

孟菲斯州立大学读完三年级

my third year at Memphis state.

你能让他在这里工作吗

Couldn you use him around here?

你看 我可以为他担保

Look, Ill vouch for him.

这孩子需要找份工作

The boy needs a job.

他在我们俱乐部的酒巴打工

Hes tended bar at our clubs.

鲁迪 这儿会是你工作的好地方

Thisll be a great place for you to work, Rudy.

这儿会是

Thisll be...

你工作的好地方

A great place for you to work.

你可以看到真正的律师是怎么做的

You can see what real lawyers do.

但这里不提供带薪职位

Now, it ain exactly a salaried position.

不算吗

It isn ?

我希望我的人 能自己挣出工资来

I expect my associates to pay for themselves...

自己创收

generate their own fees.

向我汇报

Talk to me.

那怎么运作呢

How exactly does that work?

嗯 鲁迪 你每月支取一千美金

Well, Rudy, you draw $1,000 a month,

另外你可以从你赚到的钱里抽取三分之一

and you get to keep 1/3 of all the fees that you generate.

要是你赚的比支取的多

Now, if you can cover your draw

那到每个月底差额就算你欠我的

at the end of each month, you owe me the balance.

你听明白了吗

Do you understand?

我觉得挺公平 鲁迪

Sounds fair to me, Rudy.

这是个不易接受的交易 的确如此

Thats a hell of a deal, really.

但这么做你能挣很多钱

You can make a lot of money this way.

Um...

让我来告诉你 鲁迪

Ill tell you something, Rudy.

这是我唯一的经营方式

Thats the only way I operate.

我会让你接手很多好案子

And Ill get you a lot of good cases.

我手里有案子

I have cases.

Uh...

我现在手上有两个案子

I have 2 cases right now.

一个是办遗嘱

One is a will

我替一个老妇人起草遗嘱

that Im drafting for an old woman.

她很富有 值好几百万

Shes loaded, too. Shes worth millions.

而另一个案子

And then I have this other case.

是个保险案子

Its an insurance case.

巨大福利公司 听说过么

Great Benefit. You heard of em.

你有委托人的签字吗

You got these clients signed?

我现在正要去找他们

Im on my way to see em right now,

他们也很愿意听我的意见

and theyll listen to me, too.

我在法律工作室帮过他们的忙

I helped em over at a law workshop.

很好 我会让你去和我的一个同事

All right, Im gonna have you talk

狄克谢佛来尔谈谈

to an associate of mine, Deck Schifflet.

他常与那些大保险公司打交道

He used to work with these big insurance companies.

他负责所有高级别的案件

He handles all the high-powered stuff around here.

嘿 狄克

Hey, Deck!

狄克

Deck!

该死的

Damn it.

你建立了那些案子的档案了吗

You got the paperwork on this stuff?

在我的车上

In my car.

很好

Good.

嘿 帅哥

Hey, good lookin

这是狄克谢佛来尔

this is Deck Schifflet.

这家伙会带你上路

This man will get you plugged in.

我想让你做的是

What I want you to do,

立案起诉这个巨大福利保险公司

I want you to draw up a lawsuit against this Great Benefit,

并署上我的名字

and you put my name on it.

我们今天就建立档案

We e gonna file it today.

谢谢你

Thank you.

鲁迪 你会学到很多东西

Rudy, you e gonna learn a lot.

鲁迪 我很高兴你到这儿来

Rudy, Im glad you came here.

你做了个很好的选择 孩子

You e making good choices already, son.

不错 那么 谢谢你

All right, well, thank you.

好的 谢谢你

OK, thank you.

出去的时候把门带上 好吗

Close the door on your way out now, OK?

律师事务所 要帮忙么

Law offices. May I help you?

这是个办公室 有人在里面

This is an office, theres people in it.

要是有人在办公室里

If theres somebody in the office,

你就别用它 太挤了

you can have it, its off limits.

这里是厕所

This is the bathroom.

等一会儿

Just a minute.

对不起

Sorry.

那么 你是他的的同事吗

So, are you an associate here?

算是吧 不是正式的

Sort of. Not really.

确凿说来我还不算个律师

Im actually not a lawyer yet.

更多内容请百度搜索:可小果

本内容不代表本网观点和政治立场,如有侵犯你的权益请联系我们处理。
网友评论
网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明网站立场。